Are you curious about the Kayla Itsines gym workout?
Do you wonder how the “beach body guide” girl trains in commercial gyms?
Then you’ve come to the right place.
In this comprehensive guide, I will show you how to use the Kayla Itsines gym workout to take your physique to the next level!
Kayla Itsines is one of the most popular fitness influencers in the world today.
She is famous for her “Beach Body Guide” workouts, where she helps women of all experience levels get in shape and melt pounds of body fat.
Of course, she is also famous for her incredible physique! Kayla has the toned legs and butt that every fitness girl dreams of having.
Kayla Itsines Stats
- Date Of Birth: May 21st, 1991
- Height: 5 Feet 5 Inches
- Weight: 125 Pounds
- Bust: 34 Inches
- Waist: 24 Inches
- Hips: 34 Inches
View this post on Instagram
So what do Kayla Itsines’ gym workouts actually look like?
The truth is, Kayla almost NEVER performs workouts in commercial gyms. She says that most gym exercises are unnecessary – especially if you are just trying to achieve the lean, toned look.
Instead, she recommends women perform her equipment-free bodyweight routines from the comfort of their own home!
Here is one of Kayla Itsenes’ gym-free leg workouts that you can try. Check it out:
Kayla Itsines Leg Workout #2
- Exercise #1: Squats: 3 x 30 seconds
- Exercise #2: Half burpees: 3 x 30 seconds
- Exercise #3: Side crunches: 3 x 30 seconds
- Exercise #4: Bent leg raises: 3 x 30 seconds
- Exercise #5: Raised leg sit ups: 3 x 30 seconds
- Exercise #6: Lay down push ups on knees: 3 x 30 seconds
- Exercise #7: Mountain climbers: 3 x 30 seconds
- Exercise #8: Reverse lunges: 3 x 30 seconds
Talk about an intense workout!
For this routine Kayla wants you to perform two separate exercise circuits. You perform all four exercises in a row in the circuit, rest a couple of minutes, and then repeat the entire process 2 more times.
For the first circuit you are going to perform 4 intense bodyweight exercises: squats, half burpees, side crunches, and bent leg raises.
The second circuit is very similar: you perform raised leg sit ups, lay down push ups on knees, mountain climbers, and reverse lunges.
After that, you’re done!
Now let’s look at one of Kayla Itsines’ favorite gym-free upper body workouts. Check it out:
Kayla Itsines Upper Body Workout #1
- Exercise #1: Push-ups, 3 sets of 10-15 reps
- Exercise #2: Straight leg sit-ups, 3 sets of 10-15 reps
- Exercise #3: Triceps push-ups on knees, 3 sets of 10-15 reps
- Exercise #4: Straight leg raises, 3 sets of 10-15 reps
- Exercise #5: Mountain climbers, 3 sets of 10-15 reps
- Exercise #6: Toe taps, 3 sets of 10-15 reps
- Exercise #7: Shoulder taps, 3 sets of 10-15 reps
- Exercise #8: High plank, 3 sets of 10-15 reps
This workout follows a VERY similar pattern to the previous one.
You perform 2 separate circuits, each with 4 total exercises. For this workout Kayla focuses on classic upper body bodyweight exercises like push ups and shoulder taps.
According to Kayla, this kind of bodyweight workout is all you need to build a toned upper body!
So what about cardio? Does Kayla use gym cardio machines to perform her cardiovascular work?
The truth is Kayla thinks that you can get in a great cardio workout from the comfort of your own home. Check it out:
Kayla Itsines Cardio Workout #1
- Exercise #1: Skipping (20 seconds)
- Exercise #2: Plank dips (20 seconds)
- Exercise #3: Skipping (20 seconds)
- Exercise #4: Bent-leg jackknife (20 seconds)
- Exercise #5: Skipping (20 seconds)
- Exercise #6: Side plank and crunch (15 seconds per side)
- Exercise #7: Skipping (20 Seconds)
- Exercise #8: Ab bikes (20 Seconds)
Talk about an intense workout!
As usual, Kayla wants you to perform all 8 exercises in a row as a circuit. You perform each one for 20 seconds, and then move onto the next movement.
By the end of the circuit workout your entire body should be on fire!
Conclusion | The Kayla Itsines Gym Workout
Kayla Itsines is one of the most popular female fitness influencers in the world today, and it’s easy to see why.
She designs her workouts so you don’t need to go to a commercial gym to build a great body. Instead, all you need to do is perform her gym-free bodyweight workouts from the comfort of your own home!
If you are looking for a new workout routine to whip your body into shape, then you have to try the Kayla Itsines gym workouts.
They may be just what you need to take your physique to the next level!